Monday, March 3, 2014

Once a foodie...

Where do you go when you finally decide what you need out of a blog? Every once in a while, I find myself really wanting to share my thoughts. Yes... I do have thoughts. And more recently, I've realized that perhaps after running a small business with my best friend/hubs and being mommy to two awesome kids... maybe I had thoughts, but then I got tired. Oh wait, there's dinner to cook, too. WAIT A MINUTE!!! Does anyone understand that my brain is dead. Shot. GONE.

Oh yeah, so back to what I want/need out of a blog. At the the core of both hubs and I, we are foodies. We love food something fierce. But then there's the day-to-day grind that makes us both brain dead by the end of the day. On top of which I have some pretty crazy food issues. The hubs does, too, but his are a little more easy to work around. I thrive on more of a Paleo diet, while he thrives on a bit less protein and a little more carbs. But what we both agree on whole-heartedly is that what should be served in our house is REAL food. We are both vehemently opposed to the "food-like product" that is rampant. We both understand that quality proteins, fats and vegs are an ever important food source and we want to teach our children the same.

But I'll be honest. I can't afford grass-fed steak every night and as of yet I haven't mastered Weekly Meal Planning 101. Here's what I really want out of a blog: give me some ideas of how to quickly get a meal on the table with simple things, like ground beef or stiry fry meat. I realized this recently after browsing through this awesome book; I came across some great flavor profile ideas. Ways to throw things together easily. But maybe not always for the foodie chef I like to think I am.

Then, my book fearie sent me Nom Nom Paleo's Food for Humans. I must admit I've been slightly obsessed since it arrived. A real food cookbook written by a full-time working mama!?! Yes, thanks. More importantly, I've been re-inspired.

This page will be my random musings and wanderings of getting healthy food on my table. Feel free to jump in wherever you feel moved.

No comments: