Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Feeling good, feeling great

Well, I know that I said that I would post healing foods and things to do/not to do with certain disorders, but I guess I felt like I had to chronicle my own healing before I started giving advice to others.

A little over a week ago, I went really strict and cut out all remaining traces of dairy, soy and grains. (Specifically corn products in EVERYTHING!!!) I also started supplementing vit D, and I have to say, I'm feeling better.

I can't believe it, and I hate to say that maybe, just maybe, I have stumbled across another big piece of my puzzle. I'm not as tired during the day, especially late afternoon, and I find that overall, I can get more accomplished. My mood as very much improved, and I'm able to find that I'm not constantly thinking about what I could do better, but instead, doing what I can, and accepting what I can't.

My stomach pains are not completely gone, but I slipped last week and ate at Chipotle. They use soy oil in ALL of their products, which I had totally zoned out about. Anyway, I felt that all to familiar feeling of yuck after I ate. But nothing that lingers on like a mistaken glutening. Overall, I feel so much better eating fruits, veggies, nuts and meats. I am truly hoping that I continue down this path. Life's getting good again!!!!

No comments: