Thursday, November 13, 2008

Coconut milk products...

YUM!!! That's all I can say.

Not being able to tolerate dairy has been more challenging than giving up the gluten. I know it sounds crazy, but giving up gluten was a cakewalk compared to this.

But I've recently come across coconut milk yogurt and coconut milk ice cream. Sounds strange, I know. It's made by this wonderful company called Turtle Mountain, but you'll see it marketed as So Delicious. The yogurt is available in vanilla, blueberry, raspberry, and maybe another flavor or two. My yogurt craving has finally been satisfied.

On to the good stuff though! On my short trip to Whole Foods the other day, I grabbed a pint of cookie dough coconut milk ice cream. I expected it to be great, but oh WOW! It is fantastic. And if you've tried soy ice cream and didn't so much like the texture, this is the answer. It's nice and creamy just like regular ice cream. But the kicker is the cookie dough. Absolutely amazing. I can truly say I never thought I would have cookie dough ice cream again.

So if you need something other than dairy, or you just want to try something new, grab some of this stuff. You won't regret it.

No comments: