Monday, September 20, 2010

this week

Hey there all you gluten haters!!

Last night I was feeling experimental again, and so I tweeked a cinnamon raisin bread recipe that I wasn't crazy about the first time I tried. But now, it is delicious!! Soft with a bit of a crust, and that hint of cinnamon. Fantastic! In fact, I smeared some peanut butter on it this morning and gave it to my son for breakfast. I think it's the first time he's finished breakfast in weeks.

AND, with fall in the air, I decided it was time to try something other than the coffeecake. I mean, we all know it's fantastic, one guy even told me it was life-changing, but be that as it may, I need to offer some variety. So, I went way back and pulled a recipe that my mom used to make growing up. I had to do some changing to make it gf, but when it was all said and done, I was happy that I did so. In fact, this recipe I converted last year and was my first successful conversion. I was pretty pleased with myself. All this to say, I present the Harvest Loaves! A sweet bread featuring pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and nutmeg. Throw in a little chocolate chips and some pecans, and we in business!

Hungry? Want some? Get to Bickett Market or order directly through me.

No comments: