Friday, September 17, 2010

Two weeks in

So this is what I've learned in my two short weeks as a business owner: people want the cakes and sweets. Here I was fretting about a bread when really what people want is the dessert. Works for me.

Things are starting to take off. Word of mouth is starting to happen. And soon, yes, very soon, I have a feeling that I'll be baking by buns off (pun totally intended!). I can say from the perspective of the one looking for gluten-free items, there is this sort of rush that floods you when you find somewhere that actually sells it. And it's not that horrid 10 lb brick loaf of bread that in some states could possibly be classified as a concealed weapon. I hope I can live up to the expectations of my fellow GFers and my own.

Since I'm getting a little tired of eating bread (who knew someone with celiac would EVER say that?), I am going to play around with some more mini cakes and mini sweet loaves. This is going to be fun!

No comments: